Our Little Cafe
The menu is a celebration of all the wonderful produce available at the Pantry. We change things up depending on the time of year…..food tastes better when it’s eaten in season.
What we are good at- Sharings boards, platters, salads, soups, stews, cheeses, mountains of anti pasta and simple, honest home cooked grub. We believe that you don’t need to mess with great ingredients. We use produce from local producers and suppliers.
80% of our menu can also be served as gluten free; it tastes just as good. We are more than happy to cater for different tastes/dietary requirements. Just speak to us and we will do our best to ensure you enjoy your meal or snack at the Pantry.
We are very much a deli and corner shop
with a little café, so unfortunately
we are unable to take reservations.
Contact us about special occasions or visit our catering page.
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/penylan-pantry/modules/two_columns_of_text.php on line 3
Here’s a little snippet of Our Menus
- Healthy Chocolate porridge, made with oat milk, cacao, toasted hazelnuts and maple syrup – £5.50 V
- Chunky Toasts with Welsh Butter served w/ either Locally Made Perserves, Honey, Marmite & Organic Nut Butters – £2.50/£3
- Healthy start bowl, quinoa, button mushrooms, salsa, lime, black beans, toasted seeds and avocado £6.50 V GF
- Organic Crushed Avocado & Chilli on Toast (great with a soft boiled egg) – £5.75 V
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese on Toast w/ Locally made Chutney – £5.50
- Homemade Pantry Beans & Toast – £5 make me Cheesey or add some Chorizo £2 V
- Free range, perfectly soft boiled eggs, with smoked salmon and chunky toast £7
lunches/all day munchies
- Smokey salmon board, with piles of crunchy vegetables, salad, pickled cucumber and smoked salmon- £8
- Organic Seasonal Pantry Salad Bowls – £6.50 (why not add Smoked Salmon, Goats Cheese or Soft Boiled Eggs)
- British cheese board, 4 hunks of cheese served with locally made chutney, and either freshly baked bread or crackers- £8.50
- Marinated veggie board, served with a red pesto dip, crackers and piles of anti pasta- £7
- Organic, homemade soup, served with freshly baked bread or cheese on toast £5.50/£7.50
- Rosted red pepper tart, served with freshly prepared salads- £7
- Freshly baked breads, served with avocado oil for dipping- £1.75
On those colder days, try our yummy homemade stews.
Cake… need we say more?
Our cakes are always homemade and baked fresh by either ourselves or our lovely neighbours. We use ingredients from our pantry store cupboard and seasonal organic fruit and/or vegetables. We change our cake selection regularly to keep things exciting.
You will always find gluten free and dairy free options. A naughty little bit of sweet every now and then is good for the soul!
For more details on pre-ordering whole cakes, pop over to our catering page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COFFEE & TEA
Drink coffee… do silly things faster!
We trust our roasters to supply us with the best quality beans and to provide us with some interesting seasonal specials. We prefer working with small roasters who are skillful, passionate and crazy about coffee.
We invest a lot of time and training in our barista skills, so we can bring you the perfect cup. Coffee beans with traceability that are traded fairly are important to us at the Pantry.
You are more than welcome to pop in & collect our coffee grinds for your garden, it makes excellent compost & is perfect for growing mushrooms. All our take away cups and lids are 100% compostable.
Everything’s better with tea
We are many things at Penylan Pantry and our aim is to do all these things to the best of our ability. With that comes sourcing the best quality produce that we can find. This is exactly why we serve Waterloo Tea. It is, in our opinion, the best tea on offer locally.
Our friend Kas is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about his tea and we make sure our team are fully trained and serve the tea exactly as it should be.